Greater Efficiency and Power Handling
- Dual JBL low frequency driver with a 64 mm (2.5 in) diameter edgewound ribbon voice coil provides more cross-sectional wire area in the voice coil gap than round wire designs, for greater efficiency and power handling.
JBL 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) Polymer Diaphragm Compression Driver
- Improves high frequency performance as well as system reliability
Advanced Network Topology Crossover Design
- Shapes frequency response and delivers “coherent summation” in the crossover region
Extra Bass Without Sacrificing Performance
- A “Quasi 3-Way” design offers the extra bass for which a dual fifteen system is designed, but without sacrificing performance in the critical mid-range. The upper woofer produces mid-frequencies and bass, while the lower woofer concentrates on bass only. The reduction in mid-range phase cancellation greatly improves midrange sound quality and coverage.
High-Voltage Capacitors and Inductors
- High-voltage capacitors and inductors with massive cores and heavy gauge wire enable the crossover network to handle high power without saturating.
Progressive Transition™ High Frequency Waveguide
- Provides superior coverage control, reduced distortion, and smoother frequency response
Rugged, Acoustically Superior Enclosure
- The rugged, acoustically superior enclosure is constructed from 19 mm (.75 in) MD (Medium Density Fiberboard) using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for extreme durability and improved low-frequency performance.
- SonicGuard™ protects the high frequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance.
- Non-resonant, all-steel handles are used along with an attractive 18-gauge hexagon perforated steel grille to protect components from damage.
Affordable, Reliable, High Quality Sound
- The JRX225 is a portable, dual fifteen-inch, two-way speaker system designed specifically for applications in live music performance and music playback. The JRX200 series delivers the performance and prestige JBL is known for at an affordable price point. To meet these conflicting design goals, we looked at every element of the speaker system design. We kept everything that makes a speaker perform and sound its best and we eliminated things that don't. With performance, value and popular price points, we are going to be building a lot of JRX200 speakers. This means we can apply efficient, high-volume production methods and purchase materials at the lowest cost. That's how JRX200 delivers unprecedented value.