An advanced single-channel dimmer module controlled by DALI®. Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, electronic low-voltage, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads. UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control applications.
The Crestron Green Light® GL-EXP Series delivers a family of professional lighting control modules for Cresnet® or DALI® based lighting systems. Designed for easy installation on a wall or above a suspended ceiling, these modules offer a perfect solution for adding extra lighting zones to any system without requiring an additional lighting cabinet.
The GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI is a single-channel universal dimmer expansion module designed to control a wide range of dimmable lighting load types including electronic and magnetic low-voltage, LED, incandescent, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent. Utilizing proprietary zero-cross filter technology, the GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI compensates for line voltage and frequency fluctuations, providing superior immunity to power line noise and a dramatic reduction in lamp flicker.
Auto-Detecting Universal Dimming
- Under normal operation, the GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI detects the connected load type and selects the appropriate operating mode automatically. Reverse phase (trailing edge) mode supports incandescent and electronic low-voltage load types, while forward phase (leading edge) mode handles magnetic low-voltage, neon, and other inductive load types. Center phase mode is also available, combining reverse and forward phase load control to address special cases. The operative mode is indicated by two LEDs located on the front panel.
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI communicates using the DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) standard, which enables interoperability with other DALI compliant lighting control products from Crestron and other manufacturers. Interfacing a network of DALI dimmers and other devices with a Crestron lighting control system is facilitated using the DIN-DALI-2 (sold separately).
Emergency Lighting Control
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI is UL® 924 listed for use in controlling an emergency lighting load. In the event of a power failure indicated by a loss of DALI network communication (system failure), the GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI turns on the lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source). The system failure dimming level can be preset to any value when commissioning the lighting system, so even if the load is already on prior to a power failure, it will change to the preset level when a system failure is detected.
Plenum Rated NEMA Enclosure
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-DALI is designed to be mounted to a vertical surface and is UL 2043 compliant to allow for installation in an environmental air-handling space above a suspended ceiling. Conduit knockouts are provided on the bottom and lower sides of the unit. All connections are made via screw terminals behind the front cover.
- Single-channel universal lighting dimmer
- DALI® system interface
- Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, electronic low-voltage, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads
- Rated 16 Amps at 100-277 Volts AC
- Auto load type detection
- Forward and reverse phase modes
- Zero-cross filter technology for reduced lamp flicker
- Extreme stability under noisy power line conditions
- Built-in air gap relay
- UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control
- Surface mountable NEMA Type 1 enclosure
- Mounts on a wall panel or above a suspended ceiling
- UL 2043 listed for installation in an environmental air handling space